Here at Elite, we want you to get the most out of your new pool blanket.
Following the instructions below will certainly help to extend the life of your pool cover.
Without proper care ANY pool cover can be ruined in a fraction of its expected life span.
95% of all warranty claims are not caused by product failure, but by owner misuse such as: leaving a cover rolled up out in the direct sunlight while off the pool; and having excess chlorine in the pool - either a little too high over a prolonged period or a lot too high over a very short period, high or low pH levels. Owner misuse such as these may VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
To get the maximum lifespan out of your Elite Pool Cover:
- Maintain correct chlorine & pH levels and test your water regularly.
- Keep chlorine levels less than 2.5ppm. Your cover will deteriorate quicker when you have excessive chlorine as it is a corrosive agent and creates wear on the cover.
- Keep pH levels between 7.2 and 7.6 to ensure your water is not corrosive.
- Please do not assume that your salt-water chlorinator can control chlorine levels in your water.
- When shocking your pool, ensure that you take the cover off.
- Leave the cover off for 48 hours to allow your chlorine level to return to recommended parameters.
- Do not leave the cover folded or rolled up in the sun.
- Store the pool cover in a completely covered environment, in full shade and not under shade cloth. The sun and heat will cause corrosive wear and will cause the cover to be damaged in strips across the cover resulting in delamination, and in extreme cases overheating on the roller can cause the material to become molten and weld onto itself.
- Hose thoroughly before storing your cover for long periods of time.
- Wash the pool cover on both sides with fresh water to remove any pool chemicals to eliminate the possibility of chlorine residue from burning the cover.
- This is not necessary if you are replacing the cover within 24 hours.
- Always use your Elite over-cover whenever your cover is on the roller.
- Every roller is supplied with a complimentary white Elite over-cover.
- Whenever your cover is rolled up on the roller, please ensure the over-cover is in place over your pool cover.
- Protect the pool cover with only our recommended over-covers. You can store your cover on the roller with your white Elite over-cover in place in direct sunlight; serviceable Elite over-covers block the sun. Other products like tarps etc are not recommended.